Sunday 4 May 2014

Still Kicking 2.0

Snow Ball
Nikon D600, Sigma 105 OS HSM Macro

It's been a very busy month for me with work, and the grey weather has limited the amount of interest in shooting, so I've basically been offline since March.

The above photo was in fact taken shortly before my D600 began misbehaving on Feb 1st, and is from the last batch of D600 photos I'll post. It certainly reminds me of what I liked about the D600 and especially the D600 with the Sigma 105. Lovely IQ, good colour and great DoF isolation.

But do I really see much more than I get with the X-A1? Nope. I'm pretty happy with my little Fuji, although I definitely need to add something with a viewfinder, I don't like composing from the LCD all the time. Given my current cash flow situation (tight due to other non-photographic projects), the X-E1 is looking like a good interim solution, with the X-T1 coming maybe in late fall. We'll see, I won't be adding anything before July anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment