Saturday 2 May 2020

Lockdown and the Spring Blahs

One Bloom 
D750, Nikkor 70-300D

So the Lockdown hasn't had much of an effect on my photography, largely because March & April are always a dead zone for me. I usually shoot almost nothing in March and only some flowers in April, and I've done the latter while stretching my legs in the neighbourhood (as the image above attests).

The main effect has been on my posting, I've been very bad at posting my daily Flickr updates because of the Lockdown, I've simply not been thinking about photography and that affects how I post, both here and on Flickr.

We're now in May, and I'm starting to get the itch to get out and on the road. Obviously that's an issue right now and so I'm not actually doing anything, but I expect I'll be able to do some car-based shooting by mid/late May and get on trails in early June.

On the gear front, Henry's former Outlet location has brought back the discount bins, much to my joy. I've picked up a few things from it for extremely cheap, including the 70-300D used above and a Yongnuo 50/1.8 in F mount, which is actually pretty good aside from slow AF. Also got a Cameron BH-30 Ballhead for $25, which is what it's actually worth (Henry's normally charges well over $100 for it, but it's the exact same head you'll find on Amazon for $30-ish from many Chinese brands). My D750 L bracket also arrived after a month or so, so I'm now fully converted to Arca-Swiss type setups now (my SO still needs a head for her tripod to be converted)

No comments:

Post a Comment