Friday 18 November 2016

A Little Break

Ne3Dimension
Nikon F3HP, Neopan 100SS

So there hasn't been much shooting in the last month. A fairly minor but annoying problem with my knee forced me to take a break from long walks, and thus also from much shooting activity. It has been resolved and I'll be shooting some more for the remainder of the year. I don't however expect to hit either my next checkpoint of 46 rolls or my final goal of 52 rolls for the year unless something unusual occurs. I'm currently at 29 rolls shot this year and I'd have to average 3 or more rolls a week for the next 6 weeks to hit those goals, which is unlikely.

That said, I do hope to finish in the mid 30's, a solid base for increasing my shooting activity for next year. And as long as I'm shooting steadily, I have a basis for improving the quality of my work at the same time.

Right now I see film continuing to increase its role in my shooting. Frankly, the D90 is not doing much for me overall. It's a competent but uninspiring camera to work with and I've also been struggling with focus issues with mine. Combine that with the fact I'm shooting more colour film and you have a situation where digital just isn't a huge need for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment