Wednesday 12 July 2017

And I'm back

Concrete Daisy
 D90, Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 ZF.2

It's been quite a while since I've posted, and that's largely because I haven't been shooting. I spent most of the winter taking it easy on walking because of knee issues, and the spring just generally lacking in motivation. That seems to have changed in the last few weeks and I've been out shooting again.

Nothing's really changed on the gear front since October (pretty much a record for me), although I was given a functional D70 body, without accessories. Since I already have batteries (takes the D90's EN-EL3e's) and some CF cards lying around, I've been playing with it. I kinda like it, it's so simple compared to more modern bodies that there's really not much in the way of features to get in my way. Expect some samples soon. That said, it's old, low-res and has a horrid viewfinder, so it will never be a primary body for me, just a toy.

I cracked my last 100' roll of HP5+ last week. I'd acquired 4 such rolls several years ago and that stock is a big driver for my desire to shoot film. Once its gone, I may re-evaluate my commitment to film, given the cost of it. It's a lot harder to justify when 60 rolls worth buys you a D700.

On the subject side, I'm finding less interest in cityscapes & street. I do need to get out and shoot some more landscape and rural scenes. That might just give me a few pushes on the motivation side of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment