Saturday 29 February 2020

A Few Reminders - First Day with the X-T1

Lit Up 
Nikon D750, 105/2.5 AI-S

I had to do a quick grocery run today, so I grabbed the X-T1+XC35 for a quick photowalk on my way down to the local No Frills.

I was reminded of a few things almost immediately:

1. Low weight. The X-T1+XC35 combo is 570g, an ounce (29g) lighter than the bare A7II and 290g lighter than the bare D750. That makes the X-T1 feel like a feather, which is ideal for light carry, although once I add a l bracket/grip, that will grow another 60-80g.

2. Really nice EVF. The X-T1 has the nicest EVF of anything I've owned. It's still an EVF and still washes out in bright sunlight, but it's excellent otherwise. The LCD is also quite nice, very high quality although it doesn't have the dual-tilt feature the X-T2 introduced.

3. AF is quite good. With newer lenses like the XC35, the AF is really fast in single-shot. I know the continuous AF is slower, but I don't really use that.

4. Battery life is adequate at best. Yep, it eats battery, especially if I treat it like the D750, the X-T1 likes to be shut off between shots.

5. Nice wifi implementation. Enable on a button, App is pretty decent. Only real issue is it doesn't transfer RAW's (I have LR on my phone, so I'd actually prefer to have RAW files). Fuji does great JPEG's though.


No comments:

Post a Comment