Tuesday 19 February 2019

Goals - 2018 and 2019

St Clair on the Go 
X-T1, XC 16-50 OIS II


I'd set 3 Goals for 2018
These were:

1. Produce 365 high quality images for posting on Flickr. That's 1 a day for a 1 year period.
2. Raise my average daily views on Flickr to 1500. Right now I'm averaging around 1000.
3. Photograph 6 completely new locations.

And while I didn't actually list it, I had also wanted to exceed the 5224 images I shot in 2014.

How did I do?

1. Successful, while I didn't post 365 images, I did produce them. Goal achieved
2. Near miss. I was trending at 13-1400 views a day and since I came back to activity on Flickr, I've been averaging well over 1500 views.
3. Fail. I got 2 for sure (Niagara Falls and the Niagara Parkway) and can probably say 1-2 more from some other shooting. But at best that's 2/3rds of my goal.

And for the unofficial goal, the 5491 images I took in 2018 did exceed my 2014 numbers.

For 2019, this is what I'm looking to achieve Photographically.

1. Create 365 high-quality images for Flickr, and post 3-5 images to Instagram per week
2. Increase my engagement on Flickr, Instagram and Fred Miranda, especially within the Fujifilm communities through regular image posting and interaction with other's posts.
3. Photograph 6 completely new locations.

The volume goal this year is the 7220 images I made in 2013.

While the first 3 goals are really the important ones, as they drive what I actually want to achieve with my photography, the volume goal is largely there to push me to get out with a camera and shoot. I can't achieve the other goals if I'm not shooting, and my endgame is to get back to making 10,000 images a year, with a 5% or so hit rate (ie 5% of my images make it through the editing chain to become postable images). Honestly, I need to increase how selective I am with my work, but if I want to also achieve the daily posting goals that means shooting more. I think this is achievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment