Friday 3 January 2020

Where To In 2020 Pt 2 - Technique

Stump In The Midst 
Sony A7 II, Nikkor 105mm f2.5 AI-S


There's three areas where I really want to work on my technique in 2020.

The first is long exposure work. I've not done much in this space although I dabbled a little bit in it this year, but I really want to work on this area in 2020. I love the sort of look you can get with long exposures and look forward to seeing what I can do with it.

The second area I want to work on is using tripods & other camera supports to extend the angles I can work from. Shooting at low/odd angles is very hard at times when handholding, but a tripod or other camera support can allow this, especially if combined with remote tethering to a smartphone. Again, this is something I dabbled in during 2019 and want to take it further.

And the third area is filters. I've traditionally been very light on my filter use, but I really want to see what I can achieve with ND & ND grads as well as an increased use of polarizers. As I'm shooting more landscape work, these are key tools in achieving the best results and I need to develop my use of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment